How to Get An Rust Server To Show On Server List
Before we dive in, the Rust server list has a max of 5000 servers that can be listed. This means that if there are more than 5000 servers online, your server will not show up on the list. This is a limitation of the Rust server list, and not of our servers. If you would like to see your server on the list, you will need to wait for other servers to go offline or be delisted. We also recommend you follow the steps below to help your server show up on the list.
- Make sure your server is online and running the latest version of Rust.
- Update any mods you have installed on your server.
- Shorten the server name
- Clear the Steam cache. To do this head to the file manager, then the Steam directory and delete the appcache and config folder.
- Wait some time. It can take up to 30 minutes for your server to show on the list.
- Keep the server online. If your server goes offline, it will be removed from the list.
If you have followed all the steps above, and your server is still not showing on the list, you will need to join directly while you wait for servers to go offline. You can do this by following the steps below.
Press the F1 key while in-game, and type the following command:
Replace IP:PORT with your server's IP and port. You can find this on the server overview page.